We were thrilled to bring back our Mingle Mentor Sessions to Texworld USA this January at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York. Six of our most experienced and well-connected members joined us on the trade show floor to chat one on one with Texworld attendees who had questions about taking their fashion business to the next level. Among the Mingle Mentors was Nils Chaplet of Xoomba, producer of organic, fair trade cotton.
Make sure to head to our YouTube playlist to see all of our Mingle Mentor interviews.
Xoomba is a design company that intends to make fashion a harmless industry. By producing handmade organic clothing in Burkina Faso, Xoomba is creating sustainable livelihoods in Sub Saharan Africa and delivering products at prices that are accessible to everyone. Here are a few ways that they stay true to their mission:
- Using only local and organic materials
- Working with local artisans
- Making use of regional resources
- Using low impact fiber, dyes, and threading
- Refusing to use conventional or GMO cotton
We’re so excited about the world-changing work that Nils and the rest of the team at Xoomba are doing. Thanks so much to Nils for joining us at Texworld to share his unique insight with the guests who stopped by our booth. To find our more, make sure to create your Fashion Mingle profile so that you can connect with Xoomba and other fashion brands who are changing the way fashion does business.
Join our Fashion Network
Fashion Mingle is the largest network of fashion industry professionals. We’ve launched local fashion directories in every major city so you can find the resources you need to grow your business in your own city or around the globe. Create your free profile today to start making valuable industry connections that can help grow your fashion brand.
- Brisbane Fashion Business Consultant Jude Kingston Gives Designers “The Inside Edge” to Profit in a Noisy Fashion World - April 17, 2019
- Sunnies & Sangria Blogger Batsheva Weinstein Shares How She’s Building Her Influencer Brand - April 12, 2019
- Meet Dale Noelle, Founder of TRUE Model Management & NYFW Mingle Mentor - April 12, 2019
- 3 Podcasts for Growing Your Fashion Business Produced by Mingle Mentor Rob Sanchez - April 12, 2019
- How a Personal Project Became “The Influence Workbook” by Elliot Carlyle, The Architect of Influence & Mingle Mentor - April 12, 2019