We were thrilled to bring back our Mingle Mentor Sessions to Texworld USA this January at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York. Six of our most experienced and well-connected members joined us on the trade show floor to chat one on one with Texworld attendees who had questions about taking their fashion business to the next level. Among the Mingle Mentors was Nils Chaplet of Xoomba, producer of organic, fair trade cotton.
Make sure to head to our YouTube playlist to see all of our Mingle Mentor interviews.
Xoomba is a design company that intends to make fashion a harmless industry. By producing handmade organic clothing in Burkina Faso, Xoomba is creating sustainable livelihoods in Sub Saharan Africa and delivering products at prices that are accessible to everyone. Here are a few ways that they stay true to their mission:
- Using only local and organic materials
- Working with local artisans
- Making use of regional resources
- Using low impact fiber, dyes, and threading
- Refusing to use conventional or GMO cotton
We’re so excited about the world-changing work that Nils and the rest of the team at Xoomba are doing. Thanks so much to Nils for joining us at Texworld to share his unique insight with the guests who stopped by our booth. To find our more, make sure to create your Fashion Mingle profile so that you can connect with Xoomba and other fashion brands who are changing the way fashion does business.
Join our Fashion Network
Fashion Mingle is the largest network of fashion industry professionals. We’ve launched local fashion directories in every major city so you can find the resources you need to grow your business in your own city or around the globe. Create your free profile today to start making valuable industry connections that can help grow your fashion brand.
- How the Fashion Industry Can Help Make Masks for the COVID-19 Coronavirus Crisis - March 26, 2020
- Shop Fashion Mingle Members in Our Holiday Gift Guide 2019 - December 18, 2019
- Hanh Merriman’s Spring / Summer 2019 Collection Is The Essential Summer Wardrobe Every Woman Needs - November 13, 2019
- 3 Critical Pieces of Advice for Fashion Entrepreneurs from a Fashion Business Marketing Expert - October 21, 2019
- Fashion Mingle NYFW Networking Party Featuring Fashion Designer Cesar Galindo - September 12, 2019