Learning how to use SEO for fashion blogs is one of the best ways to stretch your marketing dollars. As a fashion designer or blogger, you can bring long-term traffic to your website by investing a small amount of time in learning how to use search engine optimization for your website and blog.
First of all, do you have a blog? If you don’t, you need to start one right now, because writing about your products or services using a blog is one of the fastest and cheapest ways to promote your business.
In our Mingle Mastermind webinar, “How to Use SEO to Drive Traffic to Your Fashion Business Website”, we invited SEO specialist and Apparel Business Consultant Glynis Tao, to share her best practices for using search engine optimization to drive traffic to your website.
Glynis Tao is a clothing brand owner turned apparel business consultant & SEO specialist with over 20 years of fashion industry experience. Glynis helps designers build a purposeful and profitable clothing business so they can make a living doing what they love. She shares her strategies to show you how to rank at the top of Google even with a new website!
What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a way to get a website to rank on search engines. 93% of online visits start with search engines. If you want your business to stand out then optimizing your website will make a better visitor experience.
Most people never make it past the first page of the Google results and that is what makes SEO for business crucial.
6 Ways to Use SEO for Businesses
- Add a blog to your e-commerce site. This adds more text for google to crawl which is one way google works to rank your website. Google can’t rank your site high if there isn’t a place where you implement the SEO for your business.
- Quality over quantity. Find out what your audience wants from your content and make content that is tailored to them to keep it original.
- Type keywords from your content into google to see the most searched questions and effectiveness of your keywords.
- Make sure your site is SSL secured and has a fast loading speed. 2-4 seconds is best.
- Use your keywords in your URLs and keep them short.
- Link-building helps drive people back to your website. Make connections with bloggers and other industry members who will backlink to your content. If someone who already has a following and uses SEO for their business links to you it will bring more traffic to your site.
She is also the host of the Apparel Business Summit, an online conference for designers and entrepreneurs in the apparel and textile industry. She has been featured in the Vancouver Sun, National Post, and The Globe & Mail.
Join us every Friday at 1pm EST for a new Mingle Mastermind session. Register here