Melissa Shea is the founder of Fashion Mingle and has spent over 20 years in the creative industry fueled by a love of learning about the “next new thing”. Her passion has focused on helping small businesses use the latest internet and social media strategies to compete and grow their brand.
Originally from Austin, TX, Melissa began focusing her entrepreneurial passion on the idea of developing an online fashion directory in 2009 with a desire to bring much-needed exposure to the independent fashion community. After relocating to Upstate New York due to a job transfer for her husband, Shea continued to promote and support the independent fashion community through conducting interviews, writing articles, filming videos, and covering New York Fashion Week as a member of the press.
Fashion Mingle was officially launched in 2012 when Shea began building the first nation-wide fashion directory and private social network for 107 metro areas. She is passionate about using the latest technology to design online tools that will maximize the marketing and PR efforts of fashion professionals.
- Meet Fashion Mingle On ReSource Row at Texworld USA + Apparel Sourcing USA
- Career Advice: Working as a Makeup Artist in the Fashion Industry
- Starting a Fashion Design Business? Avoid the 14 Mistakes that Most Designers Make
- Fashion Mingle Hosts First New York Fashion Week Networking Party
- NYFW Networking Party Red Carpet Photos – September 2017
- Planet Fashion Features Sizzling Showcase During Miami Swim Week
- NYFW: How Does Fashion Week Work?
- Runa Ray NYFW Collection: Evolution-Inspired Garments
- The Elegant Elizabeth Kennedy Collection for NYFW
- The Dan Liu NYFW Collection: Romantic and Airy