The SS’17 MISHA Collection Runway Show was held at Skylight Clarkson Square on Friday, September 9th at 10 AM. I couldn’t have been more thrilled to race to my first show of the season to catch the stunning Jourdan Dunn strut her stuff on the MISHA Collection runway! The British supermodel has been seen in many ad campaigns including Balmain, Burberry and Maybelline. The energy backstage was sure to get me even more excited for the production to begin. As I made my way to the packed media pit, the rest of the audience filled the room. The runway was light and bright as Miss Dunn took the floor to begin the show.
The collection, according to MISHA’s social media post, “is filled with breathtaking new textures, prints and colors for SS17, including intricate hand-beading and embroidery, custom lace, ostrich feather, silk devoré and pony leather.” Metallics, leopard prints, black, ivory and luscious red dominated the pieces. The richness and shine of the fabrics were enough to make any woman look and feel like a million bucks! The models worked their way through the entire room allowing every audience member to get their perfect view. Jourdan closed the show with a long, flowey metallic piece to leave you yearning for more!
Michelle Aznavorian started the MISHA brand in July 2013 after humbly beginning in the garage of her parents’ Melbourne Australia home. “Now 27 years of age, Michelle oversees all aspects of the company. Her keen eye for detail and endless vision for the future has resulted in season after season of expertly edited and well- received collections. Michelle has cemented her brand on a global scale, spanning Australia, The United States, New Zealand, the Middle East and Asia.”
I will surely be hitting a Neiman Marcus soon to pick up my very own MISHA Brand garment.
- Prabal Gurung NYFW Spring / Summer 2018 Collection - September 12, 2017
- Prabal Gurung Spring Collection Inspires Us to Dream of a World that is Free of Bias, Free of Hate, Free of Prejudice - September 12, 2017
- Elizabeth Kennedy’s Fall / Winter NYFW Collection Takes Us to the Tropics - February 18, 2017
- Charles & Ron 2017 Collection Celebrates True Love - February 16, 2017
- Independent Fashion Designers Shine at NOLCHA Fashion Week Spring / Summer 2017 - September 20, 2016