Fashion Mingle goes back stage for an exclusive interview with designer Kimberly Tandra during the Indonesian Diversity runway show at New York Fashion Week. Get an inside look at this design powerhouse, how and when she started, what made her move into fashion design, and what inspired her creative couture Spring/Summer 2019 collection. Each season Indonesian Diversity brings a group of talented designers and this season is no different with Kimberly Tandra standing out and showing NYFW a new and creatively fresh collection. Suedeson is sure to be a brand to impress in years to come and at the head of the company Kimberly will remain a designer to watch as she grows in the ever changing fashion industry.
Backstage Interview with Suedeson Designer Kimberly Tandra.
Kimberly Tandra has been a fashion designer since she was 17 years old, and was given the opportunity to showcase her designs at Jakata Fashion Week while a student at ESMOD Jakarta University. This was her first time to visit New York and her first international fashion show. Tanda’s signature collection colors for her brand are red, black, white and currently sells her collection in Indonesia in her namesake boutique and a store in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Fashion Mingle: Tell us what the inspiration is for the collection you’ve brought to New York Fashion week.
Kimberly Tandra: The inspiration for this collection is coming from the South East Asian islands, far far away from here, where I call home. The idea of study abroad, especially when you get too overwhelmed and getting inspiration from other beautiful countries, you tend to forget the beauty of your own countries culture. So on that note, I would like to give an appreciation to my country, the flag, the people and the culture.
Make sure to watch our full interview with designer Kimberly Tandra below!
- Texworld 2019: Fashion Mingle Takes Networking, Mingling and Connecting to the Next Level - January 15, 2019
- Fashion Contributors Wanted for FashionMingle.net - January 14, 2019
- Annual Summit for Independent Jewelry Designers Set for February with New Live-Stream Option - December 11, 2018
- Fashion Model and Musical Artist ARITA Debuts Her First Music Video on BET - November 12, 2018
- Interview: Designer Mim Harvey of Harvey The Label at NYFW: The Shows S/S 2019 - October 27, 2018