Fashion designer Hanh Merriman’s life has taken many twists and turns on her road to success. From growing up in Vietnam under Communism and moving to America at 25, to becoming a top travel and style blogger photographed by Bill Cunningham on the streets of New York, Hanh Merriman is living the American dream as a successful fashion designer based in Dallas, Texas.
With no professional training in design, Merriman’s first customer was herself. The style influencer simply needed something new to wear and set about creating 10 custom-designed outfits for herself. After constantly being asked who designed her clothes, she decided to launch her first collection at New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2019. Her line can be found at Forty Five Ten in New York’s Hudson Yards and in their Dallas boutique. Her collection can be viewed by editors and buyers at Showroom Seven in New York City.
Hanh Merriman is more than just a fashion designer, she is passionately committed to using fashion to help the world. She has a “Made in the USA” brand, with most of her collection produced in New York’s Garment Center and a small production team in Dallas. She also uses 10% of her profits to help the needy in her native Vietnam, following in the footsteps of her parents who taught her the importance of being a good citizen and helping others.
Her Spring/Summer 2020 collection was launched at New York Fashion Week in September. The former travel blogger was inspired by the warm colors and rock formations of the desert mountains in Utah. The collection is chic, stylish, yet perfectly comfortable to wear for endless summer days that can go from a day of shopping to an evening siping wine on the deck of your favorite seaside restaurant.
All hairstyles were done by Jason Linkow. To learn more about his services or to book him now, head over to his website!
- Shop Fashion Mingle Members in Our Holiday Gift Guide 2019 - December 18, 2019
- Hanh Merriman’s Spring / Summer 2019 Collection Is The Essential Summer Wardrobe Every Woman Needs - November 13, 2019
- 3 Critical Pieces of Advice for Fashion Entrepreneurs from a Fashion Business Marketing Expert - October 21, 2019
- Fashion Mingle NYFW Networking Party Featuring Fashion Designer Cesar Galindo - September 12, 2019
- Shop The Runway Technology Debuts During NYFW - September 4, 2019