The Dan Liu NYFW collection featured gorgeous cocktail dresses and ballgowns with a romantic flair. Dan Liu is the sister brand of the couture line Tatsuaki. It was easy to spot the influence of the designer’s Chinese and Japanese heritage as the models hit the runway at the NYFW Skylight venue at Clarkson Square. From the first look it was clear that this Spring / Summer 2017 collection would be one to remember.
The full audience included many notable attendees. Spotted along the front row were Pia Wurtzback (Miss Universe), actress Kelli Berglund, Nicole Kulovany (Miss New York), and editors from Seventeen, Cosmopolitan and VOGUE. All audience members received a single red rose. This gift perfectly accented the romantic and floral themes of the Dan Liu NYFW collection.
Many of the models sported butterfly-inspired makeup, along with white and black handbags from the cruelty-free brand Lime & Soda. Bright prints, lace overlays, and floral appliques made this collection both classic and cohesive.
With a palette of airy whites, teal, berry and black, the Dan Liu NYFW show was an elegant collection. The final look on the runway was a beautiful black ballgown with lace accents. The name of this piece was Kuro Ni Mijikai – Ball. The model looked stunning in this voluminous, head-turning garment! Designer Dan Liu sat at a prop Parisian café table at the runway entrance while the models took their final walk. They received well-deserved applause from the audience.
This Canadian designer leads the pack when it comes to Spring / Summer 2017 trends. The title of this collection was ‘New Path’, and it is clear that Dan Liu is on a path to a long and successful career in the fashion industry. We loved this Fashion Week collection, and we can’t wait to see what’s in store for future seasons from both Dan Liu and Tatsuaki!
- Fashion Model and Musical Artist ARITA Debuts Her First Music Video on BET - November 12, 2018
- Interview: Designer Mim Harvey of Harvey The Label at NYFW: The Shows S/S 2019 - October 27, 2018
- Interview with Indonesian Diversity Designer Kimberly Tandra at NYFW S/S 2019 Shows - October 27, 2018
- Global Fashion Exchange Daft Brunch at The Brooklyn Mirage - September 4, 2018
- Can’t You See These Are My Work Pants? How the Designer of Chu Chu Loo Created The Splatter Collection. - July 30, 2018