We were thrilled to bring back our Mingle Mentor Sessions to Texworld USA this January at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York. Six of our most experienced and well-connected members joined us on the trade show floor to chat one on one with Texworld attendees who had questions about taking their fashion business to the next level. Among the Mingle Mentors was Elisa Koizumi of Custom Collaborative who trains low-income women and immigrants to provide small batch manufacturing.
Custom Collaborative Interview
Make sure to head to our YouTube playlist to see all of our Mingle Mentor interviews.
About Custom Collaborative
Custom Collaborative is a New York City-based workforce development program that is dedicated to training and supporting women from immigrant communities and low-income backgrounds. Thanks to the support of Custom Collaborative these women are able to launch careers and businesses in the fashion industry.
Some of the training methods used by Custom Collaborative include a 14-week training institute, management consulting, one-on-one mentorship programs provide amazing insight into the fashion industry. Some of the areas of instruction include fashion marketing, fabric sourcing, ethical manufacturing and sustainable fashion, plus personal and business finance advice.
We’re so excited about the work that Elisa Koizumi and the rest of the team at Custom Collaborative are doing. Thanks so much to Elisa for joining us at Texworld to share her wealth of knowledge with the attendees who stopped by our booth. To find our more, make sure to create your Fashion Mingle profile so that you can connect with Elisa and other fashion pros who are changing the way fashion does business.
Join our Fashion Network
Fashion Mingle is the largest network of fashion industry professionals. We’ve launched local fashion directories in every major city so you can find the resources you need to grow your business in your own city or around the globe. Create your free profile today to start making valuable industry connections that can help grow your fashion brand.
- Brisbane Fashion Business Consultant Jude Kingston Gives Designers “The Inside Edge” to Profit in a Noisy Fashion World - April 17, 2019
- Sunnies & Sangria Blogger Batsheva Weinstein Shares How She’s Building Her Influencer Brand - April 12, 2019
- Meet Dale Noelle, Founder of TRUE Model Management & NYFW Mingle Mentor - April 12, 2019
- 3 Podcasts for Growing Your Fashion Business Produced by Mingle Mentor Rob Sanchez - April 12, 2019
- How a Personal Project Became “The Influence Workbook” by Elliot Carlyle, The Architect of Influence & Mingle Mentor - April 12, 2019