On May 14, Australian Ready-to-wear brand bassike, best known for it’s design-led style, showcased its Resort 2020 collection at MBFWA with an intimate presentation at The Apollo Restaurant.
This collection is exquisitely fresh and fun – with pieces that evoke light-hearted optimism. The collection is exactly that, comfortable-looking and delightfully fresh. This is the first season with pops of color such as the vibrant jade and soft buttery yellow which lend themselves to the playful feeling of the pieces. It would be difficult not to smile while wearing them. Inspired by playfulness, Creative Director, Deborah Sams infused this collection with the essential bassike brand style, an effortlessness unique to Australia, while also making it entirely wearable and timeless. Utility was at the forefront of this collection, “Internationally, women are looking to build wardrobes that are both timeless and easy to put together,” said Sams.
The effortlessness comes through in the details and proportions of the pieces, which are intended to celebrate the female body. Although the brand is uniquely Australian, the collection has total global appeal for many reasons. The collection is based in being useful, allowing the wearer to have a transitional work to weekend looks as the simple patterns are highly wearable and adaptable to any occasion.
On top of this collection being a breath of fresh air, the bassike brand is committed to sustainability through and through, even the show at The Apollo pared back unnecessary styling and printed materials in an effort to stay true to this.
- Australian Brand Bassike Premieres A Fresh + Fun 2020 Collection at MBFWA - May 28, 2019
- Final Oxford Fashion Studio Show Explodes with Electrifying Color for S/S 2019 - October 29, 2018
- Oxford Fashion Studio Shines the Spotlight on Independent Collections - October 29, 2018
- New Talent and Trends from Independent Designers at NYFW S/S 2019 NOLCHA Media Lounge - October 3, 2018
- CENTRESTAGE Hong Kong Puts Asian Fashion and Culture in the Spotlight - August 16, 2018