Venexiana by Kati Stern was the final show I attended on the last day of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. Meeting backstage with the designer for an exclusive interview, I got a preview of the show lineup. Enamored by the nearly seventy gowns with beaded and embroidered details, my backstage experience became much more glamorous.
Wearing a military green shredded sweater dress, paired with dark tights and boots, Kati Stern’s youthful energy was reflected in the atmosphere of the show. She and her team were positive and calm, unlike many other hectic backstage experiences I encountered while covering Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week for FashionMingle.net.
After an hour of hair and makeup and a runway run-through, the show began. Accentuated by an edgy soundtrack, gown after gown made bold breathtaking statements on the runway. Many of the gowns featured hand-beaded necklines, sequin embroidered floral prints, and glittering sheer textiles while others were dated for a retro look in understated floral. Twenty gowns later, I craved a more powerful statement from the designer who’s known for jumpsuits and menswear-inspired red carpet event ensembles.
The Venexiana by Kati Stern runway show made a clear statement about the modern woman. She highlights her feminine appearance while exuding her edgy and provocative presence. Stern aims to show society that the modern woman can embody masculine attributes of assertion, strength, and power without underscoring her unique femininity with her Fall 2014 collection.
- Fashion Designer Louis Verdad Mixes Grit and Grace for NYFW Fall 2017 - March 5, 2017
- How to Run a Successful Online Store for your Fashion Line: Tips from a Fashion Designer - January 12, 2016
- A Hard Road to the Runway: Life as a Fashion Designer - January 5, 2016
- How to Collaborate with Fashion Industry Professionals - December 21, 2015
- Designer Shares 3 Tips for Creating a Color and Fabric Theme for Your Fashion Collection - December 18, 2015