The Tadashi Shoji NYFW Spring / Summer 2017 collection was presented at Skylight at Moynihan Station. The stage used for this show (called “The Arc”) features an extra-wide runway. As a result, there was plenty of space to view several of Tadashi’s gorgeous models at once. The ladies displayed ultra femininity in these delicate and highly detailed pieces.
Soft materials such as lace and feathers where abundant in the Tadashi Shoji NYFW show. This made every model on the runway look like an image from fairy tale. The light color palette of creams and neutrals were beautifully accented with some bright blue, red and aqua dresses. Billowing fabrics that floated with every movement took over the runway for the last segment of the show.
“Every woman, regardless of size and shape, deserves to feel confident, comfortable and gorgeous.” This is Tadashi’s statement and this collection surely proves it. From short and dainty to full length and flowing, there is something for every woman to love. He employs expert techniques in draping, ruching and shutter pleats. As a result (according to Tadashi’s website), each garment is masterfully tailored to flatter all figures.
Tadashi launched his brand in 1982 and in 2007 had his first runway show at New York Fashion Week. “Today, the Tadashi Shoji collection is globally recognized and loved by devoted women ranging from busy working mothers to red carpet gracing celebrities.” He has boutiques in the United States and China, and is carried in more than 700 department stores worldwide.
This collection captivated me in an instant. I think it will have the same effect on you!
If you liked this collection, make sure to check out our coverage of Tadshi Shoji’s Spring / Summer 2016 collection as well!
- Vivienne Tam Focuses on Femininity for SS18 Collection Debut - October 3, 2017
- Son Jung Wan Debuts Androgynous Designs in SS18 NYFW Showcase - October 3, 2017
- Producer Melissa d’Attilio and Designer Naeem Khan Capture the Glamour of Nature at NYFW - October 3, 2017
- Francesca Liberatore Introduces Spring Collection with Soft Pastels at NYFW - October 3, 2017
- Creatures of the Wind’s Progressive SS18 Collection Proves Recycling is in Style - October 3, 2017