Malan Breton kicked off Style Fashion Week on February 11, 2016 at Gotham Hall in New York City with his collection “Gotham Disco Dollies”, a homage to Studio 54 and the glam rock era of the 1970’s. Malan is gaining great recognition these days. He’s been featured in many publications including VOGUE, Elle, and Vanity Fair. He’s also a winner of Fashion Group International‘s rising star award for menswear.
The show started off with a beautiful musical number sang by Sylvia Tosun. Then the male and female models graced the runway in everything from bright sparkles to leather jackets to fur. The men wore various suits in pastels and prints, layered with down comfort or leather trench coats . The women were full of sparkle and shine with sequined dresses and light reflective materials also layered in silk or leather trench coats. Bold jewelry pieces by Maria Pujana completed the look. The disco glam was in the air!
I could not be happier to start this fashion week at Malan’s show!
All photography by Julie Stanley.
- Charles and Ron FW’19: A Can’t Miss Collection - March 21, 2019
- Pamella Roland FW’19: Stained Glass on the Runway - February 16, 2019
- A Fantastic Wonderland: Alice & Olivia FW’19 - February 16, 2019
- Charles & Ron Return to Art Hearts Fashion for NYFW SS19 - January 13, 2019
- Blurring Boundaries with JUST IN XX Spring/Summer 2019 Collection - September 17, 2018