Malan Breton kicked off Style Fashion Week on February 11, 2016 at Gotham Hall in New York City with his collection “Gotham Disco Dollies”, a homage to Studio 54 and the glam rock era of the 1970’s. Malan is gaining great recognition these days. He’s been featured in many publications including VOGUE, Elle, and Vanity Fair. He’s also a winner of Fashion Group International‘s rising star award for menswear.
The show started off with a beautiful musical number sang by Sylvia Tosun. Then the male and female models graced the runway in everything from bright sparkles to leather jackets to fur. The men wore various suits in pastels and prints, layered with down comfort or leather trench coats . The women were full of sparkle and shine with sequined dresses and light reflective materials also layered in silk or leather trench coats. Bold jewelry pieces by Maria Pujana completed the look. The disco glam was in the air!
I could not be happier to start this fashion week at Malan’s show!
All photography by Julie Stanley.
- Custo Barcelona FW’20: Iridescent Outerwear - February 19, 2020
- Son Jung Wan FW’20: Decades of Color - February 19, 2020
- CHOCHENG FW’20: Vibrancy On the Runway - February 19, 2020
- Fashion Hong Kong FW’20: Colorful Collections - February 19, 2020
- Charles and Ron FW’20: The Anticipated Collection - February 19, 2020