Jasmine Chong, the designer of her eponymous line, says that her NYFW SS 2017 CollectionÂ â€śis more about a feeling rather than a placeâ€ť. The themes of fluidity and water were very prevalent in her presentationÂ held at the And&And Gallery in NYCâ€™s West Village. The Jasmine Chong NYFWÂ presentation featured statuesque models standing on platforms next to small floor mirrors that were covered in a smattering of sand. This showcased her aesthetic very well and drew quite a large crowd for such an intimate venue.
Chong’s silhouettes are minimal and designed â€śfor a woman who wants a look that is soft, but very strong” says the designer. We asked the models themselves how they felt wearing the collection and the most notable descriptions were ethereal, beautiful, classy, and minimalist.
Jasmine Chong is a graduate of both the Art Institute of Chicago and Parsons The New School for Design. Since arriving in New York, she’s apprenticed under many notable designers, includingÂ Anna Sui, Thakoon, Marchesa, Halston, Tory Burch and Ann Taylor.
Interview with Fashion Designer Jasmine Chong
Photographer: PatrickÂ Hovan www.patrickhovanphoto.com
- The Barbara Tfank NYFW Collection: Fit For a First Lady - September 24, 2016
- Collina Strada NYFW : A Largely Genderless Collection - September 24, 2016
- The Jasmine Chong NYFW Collection: Soft & Strong - September 24, 2016
- First Collection Basics: Starting Your Fashion Brand - August 8, 2016
- Fashion Photography Tips for Your Brand - August 5, 2016