We hear it all the time but do we really understand its meaning? Search Engine Optimization. What’s it about and why is it so important for your fashion brand’s visibility on the web? In this Mingle Marketing Minute we are going to teach you how to quickly install and use the Yoast SEO Wordpress plugin to improve your fashion branding.
SEO is the process of influencing the visibility of your website or webpage in search engine’s organic results. Using the right keywords for your fashion brand’s page titles and in blog posts can increase the chances of visibility when people search for those keywords on Google, Yahoo, Bing or other search engines.
Yoast SEO helps you easily optimize your post or web page content, title, page description and image title. This free plugin can make a great deal of difference and it’s super simple to install and use.
Installing Yoast SEO on your fashion business website:
- Log in to your WordPress website and access your Dashboard.
- In the menu sidebar click on Plugins.
- On the dropdown menu for Plugins click Add New, then go to the search bar, type ‘’Yoast SEO’’ and click search.
- Once you see it on the search list click Install Now.
- Click Ok on the popup.
- Once it’s done installing click the Activate Plugin.
Now, when you type a blog post your Yoast SEO plugin will appear at the bottom of the page where you can enter keywords and follow their handy color code system to know when you’re getting it right!
BONUS TIP: After you setup a new blog post using Yoast SEO, select one of your popular posts you’ve written in the past and use Yoast SEO to improve it’s search engine optimization. By updating the SEO on one more blog article each time you log in to WordPress, you’ll eventually improve the SEO for your entire fashion brand.
- Meet Fashion Mingle On ReSource Row at Texworld USA + Apparel Sourcing USA - December 26, 2017
- Career Advice: Working as a Makeup Artist in the Fashion Industry - December 11, 2017
- Starting a Fashion Design Business? Avoid the 14 Mistakes that Most Designers Make - December 4, 2017
- Fashion Mingle Hosts First New York Fashion Week Networking Party - October 6, 2017
- NYFW Networking Party Red Carpet Photos – September 2017 - October 6, 2017