As the lights rise and music begins at another New York Fashion Week show, fashion designer and visionary, Louis Verdad, is on the runway personally conducting the models’ walks and directing their expressions. Originally from Chicago, Illinois and but with a Mexican heritage, his namesake brand “Verdad” translates to the word “true” which illustrates the collection perfectly.
This Fall/ Winter 2017 collection captured the perfect balance between black, edgy looks with the ombré reds and yellows of printed textiles and silky solids. The silhouettes of structured jackets and strong shoulders were layered over chiffon maxis and printed dresses. Every other look had a hint of 80’s British punk vibes with gradient plaids and oversized jackets. The inspiration came across strong and clear as the Verdad vision mixed grit and grace in every look. The color scheme of gray, black, red, and yellow reflected the richness of Fall for this season’s collection.
Verdad’s collection will most certainly appeal to the crowd that filled the seats; from New York to Los Angeles, bloggers and even a few well known YouTubers, excitedly documented the collection on their phones. Louis Verdad successfully executed his clean and edgy aesthetic in this collection. I can confidently forecast that the stores and consumers this season will be purchasing and styling these pieces into their wardrobes when this collection hits this Fall.
- Fashion Designer Louis Verdad Mixes Grit and Grace for NYFW Fall 2017 - March 5, 2017
- How to Run a Successful Online Store for your Fashion Line: Tips from a Fashion Designer - January 12, 2016
- A Hard Road to the Runway: Life as a Fashion Designer - January 5, 2016
- How to Collaborate with Fashion Industry Professionals - December 21, 2015
- Designer Shares 3 Tips for Creating a Color and Fabric Theme for Your Fashion Collection - December 18, 2015